Why Do You Need Acunetix?
Web attacks, along with social engineering, are the most common method employed by malicious hackers to compromise your systems. Unfortunately, only specialized web vulnerability scanners can protect you against web attacks – firewalls, anti-malware solutions, and network scanners are helpless against them.
- Acunetix protects you against common attacks such as SQL Injections or Cross-site Scripting (XSS) and checks your websites for misconfigurations, unpatched software, weak passwords, exposed databases, and many other vulnerabilities.
- Acunetix can detect vulnerabilities in websites based on third-party software such as WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal, as well as in websites designed by you or your contractors, even if they are very complex and require login.
- Unlike web application firewalls, which can be circumvented, Acunetix actually helps you find the cause of the problem and eliminate it.
Why Choose Acunetix?
There are several web vulnerability scanners on the market, but Acunetix has certain advantages that others lack. We focus on one thing and we do it best. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider giving Acunetix a try.
- Acunetix is the most mature web vulnerability scanner on the market, developed by a specialized team since 2005. The engine is built using C++, which means that it is much faster than many similar solutions. The scanner uses a web interface and the engine is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Acunetix uses two unique technologies that help you discover more vulnerabilities: AcuMonitor and AcuSensor . Additionally, AcuSensor helps you find the vulnerability in the source code.
- Some scanners, especially the open-source ones, are designed for specialized security personnel and meant to be used manually. Unlike them, Acunetix is automated and very easy to use even by non-security personnel.
How to Benefit from Acunetix?
Acunetix greatly improves your web security even if you already have a dedicated security team but you cannot expect it to completely replace security experts. You should use the scanner for manual checks as well as regular automated scanning to eliminate the majority of threats and then follow-up manually.
- If you don’t have a dedicated security team that protects your websites, Acunetix should be used regularly to check your assets as a prelude to less frequent external penetration tests performed by third parties.
- If you have a dedicated security team that already performs penetration testing, Acunetix lets them focus on what they do best. The scanner eliminates common vulnerabilities so that the experts can then spend their time, for example, finding business logic errors or zero-day vulnerabilities that no automated tool can discover.